top of page

Who we are

Since 2001

The social agricultural cooperative. The company was founded in 2001 in Piacenza (Emilia-Romagna, Italy). With 25 hectares of land, our headquarters are located on the outskirts of the city, in the locality of San Lazzaro Alberoni.

The primary objective is to produce according to the principles of solidarity, sustainability and respect for the environment, above all thanks to quality work that puts people at the center of the project.

Since 2016 we have been dedicating ourselves to the cultivation of medicinal aromatic herbs. Thanks to the expertise and experience gained over time - in addition to taking care of all stages of production, care and harvesting of our plants - we distill pure essential oils directly on the farm. In full respect of natural cycles, our essences are produced with methods and processes that satisfy all the criteria of organic cultivation (therefore compliant with the protocols and requirements of the organic product Reg. CE 834/07 AND CE 889/08).

DSC_0199_edited.jpg

The environment

The context.It is possible to combine the environment, the city and agricultural production: today our products are the most concrete demonstration of this. A constant commitment that starts from afar, starting right from our headquarters: a rural farmhouse of historical-artistic interest which is included among the Architectural and Landscape Heritage of Italy. Such a privilege that we wanted to honor through a faithful recovery that maintained a deep link with time, and with a sustainable expansion from an energy point of view thanks to the use of photovoltaic panels and a biomass heating system.

Then there is our land, which we have contributed to decontaminating with respect, patience and work in order to cultivate with totally organic methods, and which we wanted to protect with natural barriers.

A productive oasis that represents an area of high agronomic and environmental mitigation value also for the city of Piacenza.

Our history

Since 1752

The roots. Our company and Podere Spinoni are located in the heart of San Lazzaro, an independent municipality until 1923 and today a Piacenza district in the south-eastern area of the city. The place owes its name to a hospital for the treatment of lepers (dedicated precisely to San Lazzaro) and is inextricably linked to the figure of Cardinal Giulio Alberoni who later transformed it into a boarding school (1752).

​The history and identity of the place remain today through various monuments, museums and places of interest such as the Church of San Lazzaro and San Vincenzo De Paoli, the Collegio and Galleria Alberoni - with its museum of natural history and the art gallery in which Antonello da Messina's Ecce Homo is kept - and the Piacenza branch of the Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, inaugurated in 1953.

Antonello_da_Messina_004.jpg
bottom of page